HE Tubing has a laboratory on site and is equiped with state-of-the-art equipment for research and validation of materials and applications and optimisation of production processes. The facilities of the laboratory are focused on (metallurgical) investigations of aluminium and heat exchangers made of aluminium. HE Tubing utilizes the laboratory for quality control of our products, research for product development, process optimisation and for investigations for our customers. Though the same facilities are also suitable and used for investigations on other materials for third parties.
The laboratory of HE Tubing has the following facilities:
- Tensile testing machine
- Grind/polish machine for the preparation of samples for microscopic examination
- Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) with EDAX analysis equipment
- Potentiostat for electrochemical testing
- Salt spray cabinet for accelerated corrosion testing
- 2D measuring machine (programmable measuring machine for geometry)
- XRF coating thickness measuring machine for zinc layer thickness
- Surface roughness measuring machine
- Laboratory roll coater (single side)
To ensure that all measurements are accurate and reproducible, all our measuring equipment is annually calibrated by a certification body.
HE Tubing can perform amongst others the following investigations for third parties:
- Failure analysis
- Microstructure and macrostructure examination
- Particle / residue analysis
- Corrosion investigation: electrochemical testing and accelerated corrosion tests
- Verification of the geometry of cross sections (2D measuring machine)
- Determination of mechanical properties
- Application testing for coating on strips of metal (roll coater)
The required investigations will be based upon the wishes of the customer. In an open discussion with the customer the possibilities and impossibilities will be clearly indicated prior to the start of the research.