- Zwick//Roell Z050 with a load cell capacity of 20 kN
- Zwick testXpert II software
- Automatic determination of the elongation at fracture by means of an extensometer (makroXtens)
The tensile test is executed according to ISO 6892-1, either according to Method A (strain rate controlled) or Method B (force controlled).
Common values that are determined:
- Tensile strength (Rm)
- Yield stress (ReH) / Proof stress (Rp)
- Elongation after fracture (A)
Due to the limited capacity of the tensile test machine, it is only suitable for materials with a relatively low strength, such as aluminium, or for relatively small test specimens.